Hi guys, welcome back to Finding My Mojo!
Before having kids, my husband and I loved to cook and bake new things. In fact, we
had still have a huge binder filled with recipes taken out of magazines that we’d like to try (and maybe some day we will!). Well times have changed and pinterest is the new recipe filled binder and the salad recipe I’m sharing today is a variation of one that I had found online and really love.
Thai Peanut Chicken Salad (5 servings)
- 1 1/2 cups rotisserie chicken (shredded)
- 1/2 c cilantro (chopped)
- 2 cucumbers (chopped)
- 1 bunch green onions (chopped)
- 1 lime
- 1 c matchstick carrots
- 1/2 c peanuts (chopped)
- 1/2 bell pepper (I would use either a red or yellow pepper)
- 1 c Thai peanut dressing (I used Leann Chin brand, but you could definitely use another that you like!)
- 2 c coleslaw mix
- 2 c broccoli slaw mix
- Toss all of the vegetables and chicken together in a large mixing bowl. Toss with Thai Peanut Sauce and the juice of one lime until it is fully coated and then top with peanuts. Serve immediately.
- FMM Tip! I pre-make this salad on Sundays and take if for lunch during the week. In order to keep the lettuce and veggies crisp, I avoid adding the dressing and peanuts until I’m ready to eat!